BPC PowerForms Release Notes
v.2.7.2 (2012.10.23) Minor Release
- Web service search for lookup pickers
- View file properties/Metadata in list item attachments
- New scriptable member (form template property) ListAttachmentsControl
- New event AttachmentsLoaded
- Web service search for lookup pickers
- View file properties/Metadata in list item attachments
- Installer fixes for orphan/corrupted site collections
- FieldDefaultValue property for DataEntryGrid
- Hyperlink display format in DataEntryGrid
- Tab ordering in the Designer
- Time interval property in DateTime picker
- Clickable (hyperlink) values in lookup pickers
- Word wrapping/text autosize in lookup pickers (TextWrap property)
- New methods for scripting (DataEntryGrid GetSelectedItem, template LoadListQuery)
- Format painter in Designer
- Installer fixes for orphan/corrupted site collections
- Selection problem fixes for RichTextbox contro
- Color picker focus fixes
- DataItemsLoaded ListDataGrid fix (now occurs before items are shown to the grid)
v.2.6.5 (2012.07.09) Minor Release
- LookupPicker popup displays a data grid when multiple fields are selected
- Search using any search field is supported for LookupPicker (for ListQuery, Web Service and SQL Query lookup binding)
- More Icon-Size Ratio values available
- Web Service support by declaring the complete XML request (http header additional support added)
- DataEntryGrid batch update mode supported (DataEntryGrid value must be bound to a list query)
- ListDataGrid control now supports to bind its value to a WebService or a SQL Query
- BDC support for SharePoint 2007
- New methods : GetNames(), GetNames(string speparator) and GetValues(), GetValues(string separator) available from script
- When in View Mode, the Edit Button now redirects to the EditPage url instead of switching to edit mode
- Added a ToolBar Position property (top/bottom)
- SQL Queries now can run under elevated permissions (quer definition : <Query Elevated="True">)
- Unbound controls that were hidden raised an error when dragged in the run-time designer
- Fixes in the Migration wizard not updating list names for List Queries in some cases
- Fix for the HideButton("Cancel") method in some cases
- Minor Fixes for the RichTextBox Control
- Fixes for a permission issue for external content types (SharePoint 2010)
- Standard and Advanced editions for PowerForms Read more
- Managed Metadata support (ManagedMetadataTextBox, ManagedMetadataPicker, MultiManagedMetadataPicker). TaxonomyKeyword columns supported (Advanced Edition) Read more
- SQL Queries support (Advanced Edition) Read more
- Run-Time-Designer now displays controls the same way they appear during run-time
- "IN" operator support for ListQueries
- New DocumentGrid control displaying documents using a list query (Advanced Edition)
- - Unlimited number of columns
- - Record grouping
- - Sort Fields
- Changes in the AutoCompleteTextBox to dynamically load data as you type
- Added In-Line editing for DataEntryGrid
- New methods for scripting : Read more
- - GetPlainText (RichTextBox)
- - SetGlobalVariable (FormTemplate)
- - SetSectionBackColor (FormSection)
- - SetSectionBorderColor (FormSection)
- - SetSectionBorderThickness (FormSection)
- - SetSectionHeader (FormSection)
- - SetSectionHeaderColor (FormSection)
- - SetImage (ActionButton)
- - ItemDoubleClicked event (DocumentGrid)
- - GetGridItemValue, SelectGridRow, SelectGridItem (Document Grid)
- - ShowButton, HideButton (to display or hide buttons from the toolbar using script)
- - ExpandSection, CollapseSection (FormSection)
- - ReloadRecord (FormTemplate)
- - ExecuteSQLQuery (FormTemplate)
- - CallWebService (FormTemplate)
- Added support for column grouping for ListDataGrid control
- Column Alignment and FontBold property for ListDataGrid columns
- Aggregated List Queries (SummaryFields, GroupFields)
- Added a Tooltip property for ActionButton controls
- Added FieldValues, AllowUpload, AllowDelete, UploadFileName properties in HyperlinkTextBox control
- Added a sorting option in the LoadRecords scripting method
- New properties for the ListAndForm control : AutoSelectFirst, ShowGrid
- New Expanding/Collapsing sections
- Form header can be a calculated string
- Fixes to ensure isolated scope for scripting execution
- Fixed issue with DateTimePicker not raising the ValueChange event in some cases
- Fixed issue with multiple ListQueries affecting the same control value
- Fixed issue with SendEmail method
- Fixed issue with form icons
- Fixed some issues with item level permissions not returned correctly
- Fixed an issue with document libraries not identifying parent folder in some localized installations
- Fixed issue with the DisableTab/HideTab methods when the hidden tab was the current form tab
- Changed the way the web part displays the component in order to avoid order IE version issues
- Fixed issue with hidden tabs not excluded from printing
- Fixed some issues with the ReadOnly property for controls
- Fix for lists displaying in calendar views
- Fixed issue with the Cancel or SaveAndExit function when the querystring included a relative url "Source" entry
- Fixed issue with the "OpenHtmlWindow" method not correctly escaping the url
- Fixed a scrolling issue when using ListAndForm controls
- Demo Site can be created using the installer.
- Right-To-Left Support. Read more.
- New redesigned control Properties Editor. Read more.
- New Control Configuration Wizard
- New Help links in the Designer referencing Knowledge Base articles.
- The DataEntry form of the DataEntryGrid can now host any kind of control by using hidden controls of the host form. Read more.
- New Popup Browse-Documents dialog used in Hyperlink TextBox. Read more.
- New DocumentList control to handle document library records. Read more.
- Form can be displayed without tabs if it only has one tab, the Attachments are disabled and the Header of the first tab is blank.
- Multiple-Row spanning for controls in the run-time designer. Read more.
- Multiple column data retrieval support in LookupPicker and MultiLookupPicker. Read more.
- Search using multiple columns provided in LookupPicker and MultiLookupPicker
- New "UniqueField" in lookup pickers that limits the retrieved results by keeping only unique values for the specified column
- Added AND/OR clause in ListQueries and Lookup criteria. Read more.
- Added Sorting capabilities in ListQueries
- Added support for complex queries using parenthesis. For example : (status = A OR status = B) AND (price < 10 OR price > 20) AND priority = High
- Criteria in Lookup controls and ListQueries now have a separate IgnoreBlankCriteria property that exludes them from the final query if the search value is blank
- List Queries and Web Services in the designer now use the current record data to calculate dynamic criteria and fetch data in design time
- New ColorPicker control
- New SearchOnFocus property in LookupPicker, PeoplePicker allowing users to enter search criteria directly in the textbox control and activate the search dialog pressing the Enter key.
- New Option to add global configuration for ControlTypes and Assemblies to apply customizations to every form in the site collection
- New event exposed from the ListAndForm control when a Insert/Update/Delete action completes
- New methods exposed to script to set value directly to the data item before updating record
- Pickers (lookup, multi-lookup, people, etc) now clear when the Delete key is pressed
- The required property of bound controls is enforced from the ListColumn required property
- New DataLoaded event exposed for ListDataGrid in the ExtraConfiguration of the control
- New "Text" property for CheckBoxes now allows to include a clickable text next to the control
- New "Button Vertical Alignment" property for multi-lookup pickers
- New AllowBlankSearchText property in Pickers (LookupPicker, MultiLookupPicker, PeoplePicker, MultiLookupPicker)
- New ShowSection, HideSection methods available from script.
- Labels raise the ValueChange event and can be used in Formulas or script
- Loading lookup data or list queries, if a View is specified, uses the view-defined criteria only if no other criteria are specified
- New Clear button in MultiLookupPicker and MultiPeoplePicker controls
- Chages in Lookup default sorting. It now uses the view sorting (Group By field or Sort field from the view) if a view is specified.
- New "AutoLoadDisplayMember" property for the LookupPicker control that allows the control to load the display member value itself when not provided by the system. It can be used for lookups to external lists that contain large datasets.
- Added Tooltips in MultiLookupPicker control
- New SetValueOnLookupLoaded method available from script to set the value to a Lookup control as soon as it completes loading its data.
- New left(str, length), right(str, length) functions available for formulas.
- Added "SearchAnyPartOfText" property in LookupPicker and MultiLookupPicker controls
- Added a "Select All" button in MultiLookup Picker control
- New "RequestValue" method available from script to retrieve page querystring parameters
- New Log method available from script to log debugging info
- The IInputControl property of the control has been renamed to InputControl. The IInputControl property is still available.
- Globalization Settings retrieved from User Regional Settings
- Fixed issue with ColumnHistoryViewer control retrieving multiple blank entries when AppendText property was defined in the column
- Fixed issue with Calculated field values that would include the data type as a prefix
- Fixed issue with PopUp form (SP2010) not closing correctly in some cases
- Fixed support for language packs that expose ContentTypes names differently according to thread culture
- Fixed issue with PeoplePickers that did not correctly return group members
- Fixed issue with Visibility and Enabled formulas not being calculated in existing records when they only depend on User attributes
- Fixed issue with image control not loading the image correctly in some cases
- Fixed issue with ISNULL operator in criteria
- Fixed issue with the identification of the Folder content types inside a list
- Fixed issue with external lists not updating the Primary keys in insert actions
- Fixed issue with upper/lower case character conversions for specific locales
- Fixed issue with multiple folder content types in the same list
- Fixed issue with “Save and Exit” and “Cancel” buttons, which occurred when a PowerForm that didn’t open in a popup dialog, was derived from a Sharepoint link without the “Source” URL parameter
- Support for External Lists / External Content Types (SharePoint 2010 only) More
- Support for International Calendars More
- Form culture is now retrieved from server settings
- Dynamic Criteria support for lookup controls based on control values and formulas
- Double Click support for pickers and attachments
- New Property in ListAndForm control to manually select the ContentType of the form
- New "Cancel" event avaiable from script
- Changes in the FormOptions form for space optimization
- Added an option in the ExtraConfiguration property for all lookup controls to only save the Value Member of the Lookup.
- New option in the ExtraConfiguration property for the MultiRadioButtons to hide blank option for non-required columns.
- New options in form designer to display the toolbar for the attachment list on top of the file list
- Fixed issue with tab order for controls inside forms
- Fixed issue with form scrollbars not updating position when hidden controls got focus
- Fixed issue with ListAndForm control not scrolling to the selected item
- Fixed issue with script serialization
- Fixed issue with default values for the ListAndForm control
- Fixed minor issues with printing
- Fixed issue with "Edit Button" in view mode
- Fixed an issue where the value change events of controls were registered twice when exiting the designer
- Fixes for the ListAndForm control in ViewMode
- Changes in the RunTimeDesigner so that canceling the design does not affect the current customization
- Fixed issue with content type changing when multiple customizations are defined for that content type using conditions on list data
- Fixes in localized SharePoint templates
- New Control ListAndForm that enables Parent-Child Forms
- Enabled the property to use PowerForms instead of the default Item Display (View) form.
- Added IsEnabledOnNew property which enables or disables the control when the form is in New mode.
- Added Option to Hide buttons(Remove, Cancel), hide Attachments tab and show Toolbar Images only
- Fixed customization issue with empty conditions
- Added extra functions concerning users,groups etc. in conditions
- New version is supported by custom web services, used for enhanced performance
- Help page, tooltips and a zoom in/out option added in the run-time designer
- Better error handling
- Added a new control property to enable calculations to execute only for new records
- Enabled the ListQuery and WebService calls to have parameters based on calculated formulas
- Added the option to cancel any changes made to a control inside the designer
- Fixed some issues with https support
- Fixed the issue when the lookup events of controls were not activated when exiting the designer
- Fixed issues in the designer for Lookup fields and the QueryList editor
- Fixed issue with list query when no attributes were defined
- Fixed issue with RichTextControl bound to PlainText columns
- Fixed some localization issues of the installer
- Brand new Drag-n-Drop Designer
- Printing functionality (both WYSIWYG and XSLT based)
- New MultiCheckBoxes control
- New MultiRadioButtons control
- New Button control (multiple actions available like Web Service/List Query calls)
- Web Service calls now parse both attributes and sub elements to discover required data
- New simple PeoplePicker control
- New function available in Evaluation that returns if the current user belongs to a group identified by the ID
- New function in the Logic interface to handle Data Loading Completed event
- New DisplayValue implementation in DataGrids
- Fixed issue with EnabledProperty value overriden in some cases
- Fixed exception when the FontFamily of the form is not set
- Fixed the issue when there was an exception when the GroupName set in a people picker was invalid
- Fixed issues with controls marked as Percentage
- Drag-n-Drop feature for attachments in list items
- New AutoComplete TextBox control as a combobox alternative
- Folder handling inside custom lists was fixed
- Better error handling for DataEntryGrid Control with invalid Field Names
- Content Type selection is disabled when editing folders
- Default Content Type was used in some cases when updating records in lists with multiple content types
- Document and Folder deletion issue due to wrong file url in subfolders
- Document and Folder renaming issue due to browser caching
- Delete function did not redirect to the list/view page
- The "enabled" property of controls can now be handled via formulas. A new field "Enabled Formula" has been added to the designer.
- The visibility of controls can now be handled via formulas. A new field "Visibility Formula" has been added to the designer.
- The Control Designer Tab now supports simultaneous deletion of multiple controls.
- The DynamicRichTextBox can now render table elements (beta).
- The "Preload Data" checkbox in now correctly enabled for the People Picker.
- An issue where calculated fields would not be calculated for existing records has been fixed.
- Renaming documents in Document libraries is now working as intended even if the Document Library is not on the root site.
- The Known SharePoint 2007 / WSS 3.0 issue where web services are removing line breaks from plain text fields, is now internally handled by PowerForms.
- The issue with the DynamicRichTextBox where under some circumstances, pasting formatted text would cause an exception has been fixed.
- The issue with the DynamicRichTextBox where not correctly formatted image URIs would cause an exception has been fixed.
- The DynamicRichTextBox is now handling Links more elegantly allowing for relative paths, special characters, nested links etc.
- The issue where recursive folders in document libraries were not handled correctly has been resolved.
Several performance improvements to the component's interaction with the SharePoint web services.